The "Dan-Fan" contest (the "Contest") is held by DANONE (hereinafter, "DANONE"). The Contest shall begin on February 1st, 2013 at 12:01 a.m. (Eastern Time) and shall end on January 31st, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) (the "Duration of the Contest").
1. The Contest is open to all residents of Canada, aged 18 or over, who have attained the excluding DANONE's employees, agents and representatives, its affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and any person having an interest in this Contest, as well as any person domiciled with such employees, agents and representatives.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
2. No purchase is necessary. To enter the Contest, complete a form on the website of the contest. All participations received after the duration of the Contest will be inadmissible and no prize will be awarded to the Eligible Persons who will have sent them. Within the ten (10) days following the validation on the forms that you are a winner, a representative of DANONE will communicate with you by email or mail. DANONE may not be held responsible if for a reason out of its control it is impossible for it to contact the winner. A winner will have forty-eight (48) hours following the telephone call to contact DANONE, failing which it may not be declared a winner. If the winner fails to reply within the period provided in this paragraph, he will be deemed to have forfeited his prize and another entry form will be drawn at random according to the conditions in this paragraph 2 until a winner is found.
3. Description of the prize:
Value: $ 12 000
4. Eligible Persons shall receive by mail a waiver of liability form that they must complete, sign and return to DANONE either by mail or fax within 15 days from the date of receipt. If a winning person fails to comply with such condition or any other condition set out in these Contest Rules, such winning person cannot be declared a winner.
5. Chances of winning a prize are approximately 1 in 25 000.
6. Modifying or attempting to modify, by any means whatsoever, the operation of the Contest, particularly to change either its terms or any element that determines its outcome is strictly prohibited. DANONE reserves the right to institute any legal proceedings, disqualify any person or cancel the entry or entries of anyone entering or attempting to enter this Contest in a manner that contravenes these Contest Rules or is unfair to the other entrants. Anyone who commits such actions may be reported to the competent judicial authorities. Decisions by DANONE in this respect shall be final and without appeal.
7. Winner shall release DANONE, its affiliated companies, participating stores, their advertising and promotional agencies as well as any person having an interest in this Contest from any liability for any damages, claim or prejudice of any nature whatsoever that may arise from the acceptance and use of their prizes. For this purpose, winner shall agree to sign a declaration and release form before receiving their prizes.
8. By entering or attempting to enter into this Contest, a person automatically releases DANONE, its advertising and promotional agencies, employees, agents and representatives from any liability for any damages, claim or prejudice he or she may suffer, arising from his or her entry or attempt to enter into this Contest.
9. DANONE shall not be held liable for communications that are improperly forwarded or sent late by participants or received past deadline.
10. Subject to the provisions of paragraph 11 herein, prizes shall be accepted as described in these Contest Rules and shall not be transferred to another person, substituted for another prize or exchanged in whole or in part for cash.
11. If, for reasons beyond its control and not related to the winner, DANONE is unable to award a prize as described in these Contest Rules, it reserves the right to award a prize of similar nature and equal value or, at its sole discretion, the cash value of the prize as indicated herein, without incurring any liability whatsoever.
12. DANONE reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to shorten, extend, modify, abort, postpone, cancel, or suspend this Contest in whole or in part if an event or any human intervention occurs, which may corrupt or affect the management, security, impartiality or the execution of this Contest as contemplated in these Contest Rules. DANONE, its affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, suppliers of goods and services related to this Contest and their employees, agents and representatives shall under no circumstances be required to award more prizes than those described in these Contest Rules or award prizes contrary to such Rules.
13. By participating in this contest, winners authorize DANONE to use, if required, without further compensation whatsoever, their respective names, photographs, images, voices, e-mail addresses, locations of residence or statements respecting their prizes for advertising purposes.
14. This Contest shall be subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.